Sunday, December 21, 2014

Day 17 - Starting to cheat...I think

The salt water flush was a total bomb.  Didn't work.  Guzzled a quart of salt water and it didn't...flush.  So I ended up with a half a tablespoon of salt in my gut.  Great.  But it didn't have any detrimental effects; I must have needed some salt.  Not much to be had in juice.

I've been almost talked into quitting a couple of times.  Jody has been my rock.  Both times he's talked me into continuing.  He said, "You know what your problem is?  Do you want to hear it?" Sure, I said.  "It's that you're making the same mistake that everyone makes when they're doing this fasting thing: they quit too soon before they change their eating habits.  Then they quit and start overeating and gain back everything they lost, and then some because their bodies are geared to starvation."  So I continued.

I have started adding some soup broth to my lunch or dinner.  Not clear broth, mind you, but from soups like minestrone or beef barley with the solid stuff strained out.  I think it's probably cheating though.  I'm pretty sure it is.  But I've been pretty good otherwise.  I did have a glass of wine at my office party the other day, and I drank about three Jack & coke's last night.  That was a mistake.  One thing I've noticed is that I've gotten much more sensitive to toxic shit.  Aspartame?  Caramel colouring?  Oh yeah, and let's not forget the alcohol.  Didn't sit very well.  I feel it a bit this morning.  Dehydrated.  Haven't had my juice yet; just a black coffee with some stevia, honey and salt.

My juice has been on the sweet side, too.  I haven't been losing much weight.  I'm still at about 197.5 at best.  Not sure what the fuck is going on with that.  How the hell can I not eat anything, and still not lose weight?  The only difference I've seen is that my belly is flatter, I feel slimmer, and my system feels clean.  That's a definite plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment